The first Dean Hanson Scholarship committee meeting was also held today. We will be giving out eight $1000.00 scholarships again this year. The members will be distributing the scholarship applications to all of the schools. It can also be found on our website or can be picked up at the Board office.
We will again be donating $62.50 to the Cortez Firepup Program to sponsor 25 children. The Cortez Fire Protection District presents this program and teaches children about general fire safety, burn prevention, dialing 911, smoke alarms, and many other topics.
We have approved to continue the Tech Help Line at the cost of $10.00 per member per year for 2015. We have also requested to receive the ROI and usage report each month. The phone number for the tech line is 877-562-3162 - Board ID # is 2230. Take advantage of this wonderful benefit to being a member of the Four Corners Board of Realtors®.
It was also approved that Denise will purchase a tablet and case for Board use not to exceed $700.00. She will research and purchase the best product at the best price.
Core Standard Update:
- Code of Ethics: in compliance
- Advocacy: Not compliant – BOD members are going to talk to local city council members, commissioners, and others to find a local RPAC funding event.
- Consumer Outreach: Not compliant - Need to provide how activities are promoted
- Unification Efforts: in compliance (after spring meetings)
- Technology: in compliance
- Financial Solvency: in compliance (after Audit Review) Heidi Trainor has been approved to perform audit review.
Carol Click, President
Four Corners Board of Realtors
Since 1969, the REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC) has promoted the election of pro-REALTOR® candidates across the United States. The purpose of RPAC is clear: REALTORS® raise and spend money to elect candidates who understand and support their interests. The money to accomplish this comes from voluntary contributions made by REALTORS®. These are not members’ dues; this is money given freely by REALTORS® in recognition of how important campaign fundraising is to the political process. RPAC doesn’t buy votes. RPAC enables REALTORS® to support candidates that support the issues that are important to their profession and livelihood.